We offer a number of services that includes -
- A monthly support group meeting to assist survivors through the grief process. Peer facilitated, we meet on the third Tuesday of each month at Hope Lutheran Church, 364 E. Barstow (corner of Fresno and Barstow St.), Fresno, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Our support groups offer understanding, support and education.
- A lending library and memorial picture boards.
- Memorial quilts
- A survivor support team. A trained volunteer will make personal contact and/or visit the surviving person or family or workplace providing compassion, support and information.
- A bi-monthly newsletter. Our newsletter is designed to provide comfort and education to all those in our community.
- Mentoring program. We try to match longer term survivors with newer survivors who have experienced a similar loss for additional support.
- Events: We offer an annual candlelight memorial event, an annual fun run/walk for awareness, and periodic survivor conferences.
- Volunteer opportunities. We have a variety of areas in which we need your help!
Our Survivor Support Services are free of charge to all survivors of suicide loss. Contact us for more information.
To find a support group in your state/city: http://www.afsp.org/coping-with-suicide-loss/find-support/find-a-support-group
We have a group of survivor moms who meet annually. This group is called MOMS-2-MOMS. This is a special group for local mothers who have lost a child, any age, to suicide. Their mission is to support one another, share their stories and educate our community. For more information click on contact us.